Pages


Mother and Child

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Getting there ...

.. and another four blocks completed last night.  Now I have just six to go and then I can move on to another part of the quilt.  Stitching the pieces together is just so relaxing.  It may be very monotonous but somehow I do not find that boring as each block bring me nearer to completion!

I am slowly counting down the days to Saturday, 20 February.  That will be like going to heaven!  It will be the first get-together for quilters at Sally's house and, believe me, I am really looking forward to it.

If possible, I am going to try and complete the last few blocks this evening and can then start on the smaller ones.  At least those are not so many in numbers and they are half the size which means it may, I repeat, may go faster.  Sometimes smaller things take longer as they are more fiddley.  Will find out soon enough.

My other hobbies have not been getting much attention lately.  Sad about that but our new bedroom suite is due mid to end-February and I have a long way to go before I can say that I am finished with this quilt!  But I'll give it my best shot anyway.

Warm regards

No comments: