Pages


Mother and Child

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Improvement!

Wow, what another hot day it was!  Work kept me pretty busy most of the day and arriving at work very early to get some stuff done did not even seem to make a dent it my 'To Do' list.

Have borrowed a book from a friend of mine and I told her today that this is the type of book that you cannot put down - and it is all about quilting!  This must be one of the most useful books I have ever seen and it sure has a lot of tips, techniques and advice.  If anybody is looking for something good regarding quilting, have a look at 200 Quilting Tips, Techniques & Trade Secrets by Susan Briscoe.  Gonna be getting me my own copy because there is just so much information in this book and one that you will refer to over and over.  The other reason is that I cannot abduct Sally's book - I think she wants it back!

I have got some pictures of the quilt that I am currently working on and want to share.  Because the pattern was bought online and is a registered copy, I cannot show the entire picture of the quilt, however, I have taken a shot of part of the quilt just to give you an idea.  Although this quilt is mainly in autumn colours, I have kept some of the colours in my quilt, especially the large leaves.
The edges are made up of two log cabin blocks that give the step effect.


Here is what my large and smaller blocks look like.  Large blocks measure 12 x 12 and the small ones 3 x 3




This will be the centre panel of the quilt - the original was a mountain and cabin with water - mine is bamboo reeds.  The reeds will be in the brown and mustard colour and the leaves in the light green.



These are the colours for the large and smaller leaves around the borders



And this is the main piece of fabric for some of the smaller blocks and borders on the edge



Only eight more small lob-cabin blocks to go and then I have completed the 36.  Getting there!

Cannot wait to start on the applique!

Keep quilting!
Warm regards

No comments: