Pages


Mother and Child

Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend's Over

Woke up this morning and realised that the weekend was over, it was Monday morning, and I needed to get to work!  Gosh, a real shock to the system!

Had a great day of quilting with the HQ quilting group from work on Saturday.  Was absolutely lovely to see Saddle join us for the day too.  I believe that in times of stress and hardship, keeping busy with something you love and enjoy, really helps with reducing your stress and trauma.  A very special Lady this!

Sometimes I wonder when I am going to wake up and take note of what I am doing when I do something at quilting!  Here I was using a great light box to trace the pattern onto Visa-Fix, only to realise (once I cut all the pieces out!!) that it was not Visa-Fix but what you use for strengthening the fabric!  Hello, what is happening to my grey matter??? AAaagggghhh.  Will now being doing the tracing during the week.

Have to finish my wall quilt for my Mum this week so that I can post it early next week to reach her in South Africa in time for Mother's Day - will probably be late!

Am enjoying the machine applique of the autumn leaves.  The bamboo leave applique with the verigated green thread came out looking very nice, even if I have to say so myself.

Here are some pics of the fun we had on Saturday:





Quick lesson in silk screening
















Assessing the layout from a height and distance.  Does it work?












Yip, it worked!









I somehow seemed to be doing a lot of running around on Sunday and it felt like I achieved very little when, in fact, lots happened.  Washing, cleaning, bit of shopping, late brunch at the rain check lounge in Elizabeth Street.  They do great eggs benedict and eggs florentine .... yum!  Oh, I also took my puppy for a long walk in the woods and was surprised at where we came out after our long travels!  Not that far from home down the road!  Then got stuck into unpacking my sewing machine and doing a spot of sewing.
Warm regards

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Shirls,

Love the way you tell the story! (words and pictures!)

Ta for being there.

Hugz